Text and Ad Length Suggestions:
- Although the signage is large in physical dimensions, the actual display resolution is very small. Due to the resolution of the signage (1920x1080 pixels at 72 dpi), as well as the visitor’s need to digest information quickly, text is limited to 20 characters per line with a maximum of four lines of text at a time.
- For readability, we recommend using a maximum of three lines of text.
- Signs requiring additional information may require the ad to be delivered over multiple presentation frames, however ad time on the signage is limited to a maximum of 15 seconds per ad to more effectively reach our digital signage audiences (vehicle/foot traffic).
- All requests should be made at least two (2) weeks in advance of desired posting time. All messages must contain a desired start and end date and will be posted no longer than ten (10) days.
- The loop is dynamic and is driven by new contributions. Screens are removed when the message is no longer relevant.
- The number of messages running on the University network at any given time will determine message frequency.
- Only two (2) messages per Department per semester will be allowed on the network at any given time (this may be increased at the discretion of the administrator in times of low content). In times of high content, priority will be given to Nebraska Unions/Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement and RSO events.
- On average, the duration for still messages is 10 seconds long.
- Normal operation time of the Nebraska Unions Digital Signage network is when buildings are open.
- It is the contributor’s responsibility to submit the graphic elements that will be displayed on the message posting. These elements should have the adequate format, quality and resolution to be part of the screen layout (1920x1080 pixels at 72 dpi OR 16 inches wide by 9 inches tall).
For the Nebraska Union Digital Sign Policy, CLICK HERE
Following are parameters for the submission of images:For inside Nebraska Unions digital signs
- The size for inside requests are 1920x1080 pixels at 72 dpi OR 16 inches wide by 9 inches tall. The higher the resolution image quality, the better for reproduction.
- Graphic formats preferred: .jpg; .png; .tiff; .psd, .pdf (these are for submission purposes as they can be converted to whatever format needed by the designer). If flash is to be used, the .fla format must be submitted in order to make any necessary edits. Just submitting the .swf format is not sufficient.
- For Video , please use the mP4 format and no longer than 60 seconds is recommended.
- The size of the signs are 1920 X 1280 pixels or 16 X 10.667 inches.
- ONLY main information on the signs Title, Date, Location and Time and in Gotham BOLD or similar (thin fonts will not show up as well).
- No QR Codes.
- Graphic formats preferred: .jpg; .png (these are for submission purposes as they can be converted to whatever format needed by the designer).
- For video, please use the mP4 format and no longer than 60 seconds is recommended.
Digital Sign Request Process:
To REQUEST a space on our signs, please CLICK HERE
Questions or comments should be referred to the Nebraska Unions and Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement at 402-472-8155.