2020 - 2021 Recognized Student Organization Space Allocation for the Nebraska Unions
Including City Campus, and the Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center (JGMC)
All Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) that are currently occupying space and RSOs that want to apply for space will need to fill out the following form.
Monday, January 27, 2020:
Applications will be available under forms on your Portal Page. If accommodations are needed please contact the Nebraska Unions in room 200 for a written copy of the application.
Friday, 5 p.m., March 2, 2020:
The deadline for applications is Friday, 5 p.m., March 2, 2020
. Only completed applications will be reviewed. Preferential treatment is not given to current space users.
Thursday, March 19, 2020:
The Nebraska Union Board Space Allocation Committee makes recommendations to the Nebraska Union Board at the Thursday, March 19, 2020* meeting at 5 p.m. in the Nebraska Union.
Friday, March 39, 2020:
A Nebraska Union Board Space Allocation Committee member will notify RSOs by email of their status/location of potential space.
Thursday, April 2, 2020:
Nebraska Union Board hears appeals for Space Allocation. Appeals to the Nebraska Union Board can be made at its Thursday, 5 p.m., April 2, 2020 * meeting in the Nebraska Union.
Eligibility Criteria for Requesting Office/Storage Space
- Only ASUN Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) in total compliance with ASUN policies and requirements (see ASUN Bylaws Section 5) are eligible to apply for space. Organizations with Letter of Intent, Ad Hoc or Student Election Group status are ineligible.
- All applicants must be without a substantial debt. If a debt does exist, a debt reduction plan may be accepted as evidence of intent to make good on the debt. Verification is provided by Student Organization Financial Services (SOFS) and Nebraska Unions Accounting.
- All applicants must be in compliance with all University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) policies and procedures with regard to student organizations. Organizations under disciplinary sanctions/ probation are ineligible. Verification is provided by Student Judicial Affairs and Student Involvement.
Space allocation is not an exact process. The Space Allocations Committee will select organizations that fulfill all of the criteria, and will seek to select organizations that adhere to all deadlines, policies, and behavioral expectations set forth by the Nebraska Unions Board.
Each application is reviewed by the Union Board Space Allocations subcommittee, scored and then averaged within the team to produce a ranking for each RSO.
Scoring is from 0-5 for each category with a possible score of 25. Ranking items consist of the following:
* Purpose of the Organization
* Organization's Impact on the Campus and Community (including events)
* Intended Use of the Space
* Why space specifically within the Nebraska Unions and/or Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center is important.
* How the organization will ensure member utilization and effective use of space.
**The Space Allocations subcommittee will consider current utilization of space and notes from space walk through's conducted throughout the year when making final determinations."
When finished filing out the application and hit submit you should see a message come up to confirm. Copies of submission will go to the President & Advisor of the RSO. If you do not receive that the form has not been submitted.
*The Nebraska Unions Space Allocation Committee is comprised of students from the Nebraska Union Board.