2024-2025 Space Allocations
Application for Recognized Student Organizations in the Nebraska Union and Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center
Eligibility Criteria for Requesting Office/Storage Space
Recognized Student Organizations (RSO) in total compliance with ASUN policies and requirements are eligible to apply for space. Organizations with Letter of Intent, Ad Hoc or Student Election Group status are ineligible. Organizations under disciplinary sanctions/probation are ineligible. Verification is provided by Student Conduct and Community Standards and Student Leadership, Involvement, and Community Engagement.
All applicants must be without debt. If a debt does exist, a debt reduction plan may be accepted as evidence of intent to make good on the debt. Verification on account balances is provided by Student Organization Financial Services (SOFS) and Nebraska Unions Accounting. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Space allocation is not an exact process. The Space Allocations Committee will select organizations who fulfill all of the criteria, and will seek to select organizations which adhere to all deadlines, policies, and behavioral expectations set forth by the Nebraska Unions Board.
Each application is reviewed by the Union Board Space Allocations subcommittee, scored and then averaged within the team to produce a ranking for each RSO.
Scoring is from 0-5 for each category with a possible score of 25. Ranking items consist of the following:
- Purpose of the Organization
- Organization’s Impact on the Campus and community (including events)
- Intended Use of the Space
- Why space specifically within the Nebraska Unions and/or Jackie Gaughan Multicultural Center is important
- How the organization will ensure member utilization and effective use of space
* The Space Allocations subcommittee will consider current utilization of space and notes from space walkthroughs conducted throughout the year when making final determinations. *
* When finished filling out the application and hit submit you should see a Thank You message pop up on the screen. A confirmation message will be emailed to the RSO President and RSO Primary Advisor - both to be listed on the application.
The Nebraska Unions Space Allocation Committee is comprised of students from the Nebraska Union Board.Apply Now
Space Allocation Timeline *
- January 22, 2024: Application opens.
- February 26, 2024: Application closes at 11:59 p.m.
- March 21, 2024: Recommendation to the Union Board.
- March 22, 2024: Email to RSOs that applied for space.
- April 4, 2024: First round of appeals.
- April 5, 2024: Email to RSOs with decisions after appeals.
- April 11, 2024: Second round of appeals.
- April 12, 2024: Email to RSOs with final decisions.
* All dates are subject to change.
JGMC Office Space