The Nebraska Unions has three ballroom spaces available for receptions, the newly renovated and expanded Great Plains Room in the Nebraska East Union on East campus plus the Centennial Room and historic Ballroom both in the Nebraska Union on City Campus.
Set up a tour & meeting with one of our wedding coordinators by contacting email@example.com or 402-472-1778.
Our exclusive caterer will provide you with all your food and beverage needs.
Our Wedding Package begins at $4,000. This includes the reception room, a separate room for the bridal party, setup, cleanup, tables and chairs, dance floor, LED projector with screen, and access to the space beginning at 9:00 a.m. the day of the reception for all locations. The Nebraska East Union location includes parking.
Wedding receptions may be reserved up to one year in advance beginning the third Saturday in May through the first Saturday in August. Other requests during the academic year will be reviewed by the Reservations office.
350 – 450 depending on the location and your setup needs.
Parking is included for events in the Nebraska East Union. For the Nebraska Union, there is metered parking stalls along R Street or public parking garages nearby. Optional parking may be available. Please let us know if you have questions.
The room is available for decorating (see below policy) beginning at 9:00 am the day of reception. Depending on space availability, decorating the day before during regular building hours may reserve the space for an additional $500.
The wedding cake may be prepared by an approved food vendor: https://bf.unl.edu/policies/university-wide-food-policy
DJ’s and bands are welcome. All music and activities must end by 12:30 a.m.
|Removal of Items||
All decoration, cake equipment, audio and visual equipment and DJ/Band equipment must be removed from the facility by 1:00 a.m. after the event. The Nebraska Unions is not responsible for any items left in the facility.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a tobacco-free and smoke free campus: https://bf.unl.edu/policies/tobacco-free-campus-policy
|Confirming the Reservation||
A non-refundable deposit of $500 and signed facilities agreement is required to reserve the space. The Nebraska Unions will hold a space for a maximum of ten business days, after which time the deposit and facilities agreement must be completed.
Alcohol may be served upon the completion and approval of the Alcohol RequestForm, no less than forty-five days prior to the event date. https://bf.unl.edu/policies/alcoholpolicy
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Board of Regents for the University of Nebraska require the following certificate of insurance no less than ten business days prior to the event date.
“Licensee shall obtain and maintain a policy or policies of general liability insurance in the State of Nebraska providing coverage for personal injury and property damage. Such general liability insurance shall have a limit of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence with a $3,000,000 aggregate limit for personal injuries, death or property damage suffered by any person or persons arising out of the use of the Facilities or the services provided with such use. Licensee shall name the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska as an additional insured. Licensee shall provide the University with proof of insurance coverage, in the form of a certificate of insurance, not less than ten (10) business days in advance of the Event. Failure to obtain a certificate of insurance does not constitute a waiver of such insurance requirements by the University.”
|One Month Prior to Event||
Finalize Menu, timeline, setup arrangements including linens and place settings with Premier Catering, room diagrams, estimated count, payment method, and any special requests.
|Ten Business Days Prior to the Event||
For any cancellations made after 12:00 pm ten business days prior to the event dates will result in the remainder of the balance to be due in full. Changes to the event date will be reviewed on a case by case basis and may result in the keeping of the original deposit. All cancellations need to be made directly with the Nebraska Unions’ Reservations office in person, by phone, or by email.
All remaining balances are due three business days prior to the event. The Nebraska Unions requires a credit card will be required for additional items and any other incidentals.
The Nebraska Unions or the University of Nebraska-Lincoln shall not assume responsibility for any damage or loss to any merchandise, articles or wedding gifts left in the facility before, during or after an event. The Nebraska Unions does not assume any responsibility for individual’s risk with setting up decorations or ladders, chairs, etc. The licensee shall be responsible and liable for all damages of any nature caused by the licensee or any guest and other people involved in any way with their event.
Nebraska Unions Wedding Reception Decorating Policy
- Decorations are not allowed to be taped, stapled, or tacked to the walls. You are responsible for any damage done by your guests, DJ, etc.
- No sand-filled decorations are allowed in the facility.
- Poppers, firecrackers, confetti cannons, or anything that shoots out crepe paper, ribbon, etc. are not allowed.
- Adhesive, Sand weights, glitter, confetti, confetti cannons, artificial snow, rice, bird seed, excessive feathers, dance wax, powder, or other similar materials are not allowed.
- The use of incense, fog machines, special effects equipment, or anything producing an open flame/haze/mist is strictly prohibited unless preapproved by the Nebraska Unions Reservations office. All candles must be enclosed (no pillars, tapers, or open flames are allowed).
- Decorations are not allowed to be hung from lighting, sprinkler heads, projectors, microphones, cameras, or projection screens in the rooms.
- Dance wax, powder, or similar materials are not allowed.
- If a group would like to hang a banner or anything on the back of the stage, prior permission must be obtained.
- Decorations of any type are not to be affixed to the draperies or shades.
- Any decorations beyond the entrance of the group’s reserved room or on the stairway handrails must be pre-approved by the Nebraska Unions Reservations office.
- Groups are to consult with the Nebraska Unions Reservations office before using fountains, ice sculptures, or similar decorations.
- Groups are responsible for ensuring that no fluids of any type contact the flooring, including wood floors and carpets.
- Balloon bouquets must be taped, tied down, or secured with something that will not cause damage. Bags weighted with sand are not permitted.
- All exit doors, exit lights, fire sprinkler heads, fire alarm pulls, fire extinguishers and other emergency or safety equipment must be kept free of obstacles and decorative material.
- All decorations must be removed immediately after the event, unless prior arrangements are made with the Nebraska Unions Reservations office.
- Whenever there is a question on the use of something not listed above, it is the bride and groom’s responsibility to review with the Nebraska Unions Reservations.